So it's time to switch it up.
I'll be using this pinned blogpost to update my progress. This time I hope to manage my fears, remind myself of my motivations, and manage my expectations.
- 👻 Fears: It's too hard, I'll just give up again.
Solution: Commit to small but regular time blocks. Consistency is key. Just 30mins a day to begin with.
- 🚀 Motivations: The task is so massive, ill never complete it.
Solution: Time track and keep track of every bit of progress, self motivate with past success.
So far so good. Seems like a fantastic resource and moving at a speed that suits me. Recording progress & mini review.
lol, kind of the opposite effect right now at 10% done...
Goals & Projects
- Understand JS to an intermediate level
- Produce a vanilla JS webapp
- Begin to learn React so I can understand what the hell the developers in my company are working on. Particularly Nextjs.
I am a new father of 3 month old, and have less time than ever before. Great time to take on a challenging learning exercise, right? Fuck yeah.
- Section 1: Welcome ✅
Really great intro to JS! Actually surprised how much good stuff was in this part that I didn't know already. Learnt valuable lessons about equality operators, type coercion, truthy and falsey values, expressions vs statements, ternery operators, template literals.
Loved the intro to functions! Learnt some stuff I should have known a long, long time ago..
- Section 4: How to Navigate This Course ✅
- Section 5: Developer Skills & Editor Setup ✅
Useful problem solving, debugging, and vscode setup
- Section 6: HTML & CSS ✅
- Section 9: Data Structures, Modern Operators & Strings
- Section 10: A Closer Look at Functions
- Section 11: Working with Arrays
- Section 12: Numbers, Dates, Intl & Timers
- Section 13: Advanced DOM & Events
- Section 15: Mapty App: OOP, Geolocation, External Libraries
- Section 18: Forkify App: Building a Modern Application
- Section 19: Setting up Git & Deployment
- Section 20: The End!